Click here to see this Job in Qwilr (it looks way better)
Got Code Foo?
Come join our fast growing, Sydney based start-up.
Strong engineering and product culture.
Competitive salary & generous equity package.
Docs for the web.
At Qwilr, we’re bringing the power of the web to documents. Think web-based documents that are a lot like web apps: functional, beautiful, interactive, connected to a multitude of APIs and have deep analytics. We want to help the world to move from the 1980s “paper” paradigm of documents i.e. Word, Powerpoint & PDF to the web - because the web can do so much more.
We have a great product, many paying customers, and are well funded by some excellent investors. We’ve relatively recently hit our “product / market fit” and are beginning to grow like crazy. So we now need a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
At Qwilr you will develop creative and innovative solutions to novel problems amongst accomplished, interesting and fun peers. We are a small, growing team and you will have a significant impact on the design and development of our product.
- Work hand in hand with the founders to bring new features to life.
- Develop tools and processes to continually improve our team's productivity.
- Share knowledge, teach and learn from colleagues.
As a Senior Engineer You Will Be
- Implementing complete product features from start to finish.
- Help architect the design of Qwilr's infrastructure systems.
- Help solve the most difficult and complex code challenges we face.
- Managing junior engineers to implement world class software.
- Providing mentorship and conceptual guidance to our up-and-coming engineers.
What You'll Need
- Have a passion for developing creative solutions in a team, and translating abstract concepts into code.
- Eager to take the lead on tough problems from start to finish.
- Demonstrate strong technical design sensibilities across both the top-level view and the devilish details.
- Have a love for wrangling complexity through: abstraction, refactoring and applying well-understood (and sometimes novel) principles and patterns.
- Know how to balance engineering quality with perfection with shipping product on time.
- Are independent, enthusiastic, and keen to lead talented peers in innovation.
- Know in your bones that the web can make documents at 10x more expressive, intelligent and powerful.
- Passion and experience with architecting software solutions for complex problems.
- Experience in leading and / or mentoring other engineers.